Is difference between B&W 802D & 800D worth price?

First time poster. I currently have McIntosh 501 monoblocks, 1 TB music server with Squeezebox Duet and Benchmark DAC1 PRE, and B&W 803 matrix speakers. The server set up and Macs are recent additions and next will be new speakers. I must say, however, that the 803s sound much better with my new gear. I previously had the Adcom 555 Mark II and the Adcom CD changer.

The speakers under consideration are the B&W 800D and 802D. (I love the 801s but they score low on spousal approval. I temporarily have a set of borrowed 801 series 3 at home now and they are simply wonderful.)

Has anyone out there compared the 802D and 800D in their listening room and if so, what were your thoughts? I am several months away from making a purchase and want to make a good decision. Thanks!
joeswest

Showing 1 response by mpit

go to your local dealer and tell them what you are thinking. They can either try and make a deal with you or kiss your business goodby. Prices on Audiogon have forced many retailers to lower their pricing policies. In this market they will do what they can to move merchandise.

I had a Wilso dealer drop about $8k on some 7's to earn my business over a used pair on Audiogon. B&W dealers are doing the same thing, if pushed.

I might also add the same Wilson dealer has since sold me numerous other items and i got good prices on all of them.