Is DEQX a game changer?

Just read a bit and it sure sounds interesting. Does it sound like the best way to upgrade speakers?
ptss
No, bypass does not need any measurements - don't set a calibration or filters for this profile.

drewan77,

I am stuck trying to complete the Bypass profile 0. It seems basic to set up different profiles and be able to select them from the remote, but I can’t seem to get it.

It seems that I can only select one profile from the remote that will play. That is, if I finished the bypass installation on profile 0 it will play on profile 0 but then my corrected profile that I have on profile 1 does not.

When I go back and again set up the profile 1, from the remote I can select the corrected profile 1 but when I push profile 0 (bypass) there is no sound.

I’m missing something, can you understand and help?

Thanks,

ozzy

This could progress into quite a lengthy exchange & may take a while, depending on our relative time zones. What I've normally done in situations like this is have the user send me their .mzd file which I can interpret properly, make initial time alignments etc & send it back with four different profiles set - If you want to do that, use the address below

[email protected]

I'm happy to help as I well remember the frustration that can come during the initial learning process - there are a lot of parameters that interact with each other.
The software also has a lot of details that aren't totally documented. 

Andrew
Hi Ozzy,

I believe these paragraphs from version 2.98 of the manual may explain the issue you referred to just above.  (I assume version 3.02 of the manual provides similar information, but I haven't looked for it there):

Note - when the Save All to DEQX button is clicked, all four profiles from the open configuration are saved to the DEQX.  Since all profiles of a new configuration are disabled until you change them, if you install a correction filter in just one profile of a new configuration, then save it to the DEQX, the other profiles of the DEQX will be disabled, irrespective of what those profiles may have been before. 

Note that the DEQX Configurations saved to the DEQX unit have been generated in 'non-real time' i.e. they only affect the processing by the DEQX unit once the Save All to DEQX button is clicked.  This contrasts to changes made in the DEQX Control Panel, which affect the processing on the DEQX in ‘real time’ i.e. any change made in the DEQX Control Panel instantaneously affects the DEQX. For more on this subject see IO Manager in the Reference section.

To save a DEQX Configuration on your PC (not on the DEQX), click on the Save button once you have set up the DEQX Configuration. This also saves the measurement(s) and correction(s) you have created.

HTH.  Regards,
-- Al

Thanks, So I need to set up all 4 profiles before I press Save All to DEQX?