Is blasphemous Music ok?

keepupquestions

Good points @tylermunns. I am able to separate an artists art from any cultural/activist activities in which they participate. I approved of John Lennon’s work in the latter, but found his solo artistic work unlistenable (yes, I realize that is a minority opinion.).

I have long felt the same way about Joan Baez, until very recently finding her voice not to my liking (not a fan of excessive vibrato in singing). That changed when I happened upon her recording of Dylan’s "Sad Eyed Lady Of The Lowlands", which is magnificent.

@bdp24 ”excessive vibrato singing.”  Yup.  Pretty much sums up how I’ve always felt about Joan Baez.  A maudlin, namby-pamby overall tone and vibe, one that was a certain exploitation of a ‘60s trend hasn’t helped me like her much, either.

And I thought the OP was thinking of artists like Dred Zeppelin.  Actually, they are quite the musicians!  The real Zep' members were quite complimentary of their covers. 

Sorry to interrupt. 

@tylermunns , thank you for explaining that.

@asvjerry ,

My mom went to Catholic school. She was a natural lefty, but every time she tried to write left handed, she got a sharp rap on the knuckles. Terrible penmanship her entire life. So, A quick acknowledgment to the old school nuns and Catholic church for saving my mom's soul and left hand from the diabolical vices of Satan...

And I thought the OP was thinking of artists like Dred Zeppelin.  Actually, they are quite the musicians!  

+1!

I was just listening to ' Front Yard Barbecue'.

Terrific musicianship and a lot of fun. Robert Plante thinks they're fantastic.

More to discover