is ayre qb-9 dac better than cx7e mp?

sorry if this has been discussed, i read review that said the dac sounds better cx7e mp, not sure if this is true, i like the ayre sound, and contemplating whether to get the dac+mac or the cdp.
karmatogdral

Showing 4 responses by harri009

So it's been a long whole since my post but here is some background to my statement. The QB-9 was a demo unit so fully broken in. The computer was a MBP with flash drive and 8 g of memory. The program was channel D pure music playing 24bit 192khz files, connected via toslink. Pretty sure the Dac had everything it needed to perform at its best and was NO WHERE NEAR the C5xeMP in the exact same system. My opinion
lol Hmm thats a good question, I guess I remembered incorrectly. I obviously must have been using the USB out from the comp not the optical. Sorry about that, it has been a long while since I compared but do remember enjoying the C5 more, hence me sending the QB-9 back.
Doggie, I think we may be on the same page. I have not heard a computer based system yet that sounds as natural as a spun disk.