Is Audio Research Corp alive and well?

my dealer has not been able to get in touch with ARC re: some problems with my amps. i was told ARC usually provides excellent response and service. i hope ARC is doing ok. i'd hate to see this company go under.
anne_audiophile
Try Calling them yourself! They were great when I called & walked me through tube biasing on the phone for over 15 minutes. Plus they faxed me the manuals for the vintage pieces I bought . WOW ! And of course their equiptment sounds great !
I am a huge ARC fan and owner. And although all the above may be true, I think that ARC is in some serious trouble. They've decided not to participate in home theater(I'm not a home theater guy, however HT is driving the industry, I would say (at least)75% of all audio(video) sales are HT related. Also, they really missed out on developing the replacement of the very popular CD-2(CD-3 has just been released). Bad bussiness decisions have really hurt this legendary company. If they don't make better business decisions, they will not be around for very long. If this is true it will be a sad day indeed.
You better find a new dealer this one must be so bad that ARC wont take his calls. ARC is as solid as they come.
Although I have a somewhat different opinion, I agree with "rwa" That your problem is more likely to be with your dealer than with ARC not calling back the dealer back. Even if ARC is haing problems with a dealer, if there's a customer that has a problem, they're going to take care of the customer. It's likely that your dealer/salesperson never called ARC at all.
yep...i've figured it out now. the situation is as Kiwi has described. the distributor/dealer must have been uncooperative as i did not buy the ARC amps from him.
thanks guys!