Is a VTL ST-150 enough?

I have been shopping for a new amp for my verity Parsifal Encores. I am trying to avoid mono blocs due to room constraints. I demo'd a VTL ST-150 and in tetrode it was fine. In triode it was magical, though the bottom end at times was a little loose and not fully defined. Soundstage was freaky holographic and at times I was actually laughing hearing such a thing out of my system it sounded so cool. I am concerned though that it may not have enough power for all my needs, wish VTL would make a ST-250. Others experience? Suggestions? My system is posted though with upgrade to veriy parsifal encore, Nordost Frey speaker wires and Naim CDX2. Thanks.
davt

Showing 1 response by katylied

I'm a VTL ST150 user (disclaimer: I'm also a VTL dealer) and I can only have high praise for it. You should notice if the power is not enough, especially on how it control the low frequency. I've tried briefly the Triode option but I've preferred the Tetrode mode that, at least in my system, offer the best performance. I've also used the Nordost Frey as a complete cable loom (now I'm using TYR, and BTW, I'm a Nordost dealer too)and IMHO they matches very well.
I think too that VTL should have another stereo amp in between the ST150 and MB 185.