Is $3000 pushing the limits for a geat monitor??

I want to go to a monitor speaker because I cannot physically handle the weight and size of a 80lbs floor standing speakers any longer.

I have looked at several monitors like the Sonus Faber Venere MKII series; Lenaham ML-1 made in Australia, Spendor, Harbeth. I have listened to the older Dynaudio Excite 12 and new version, Excite 14. I like the sound of both of the latter speakers, but the dealer insists I hear the Dynaudio Focus 160. Unfortunately, he has none in stock to buy or for audition.

Therefore, any member currently own a pair of the Focus 160, or have auditioned them recently. I need some good feedback about this model's sound quality before charging in and buying them. I also want to get opinions about whether a monitor can compete with a large floorstander. Thanks to all !!!!!
sunnyjim

Showing 1 response by akg_ca

The RAIDHO ACOUSTICS D.1 monitors can not only compete with, but best most floor-standers and all standmount comers.

Google the reviews for the superlatives, but to audition them personally is an eye-opener that may leave you gob-smacked . I heard them at the TAVES expo in Toronto.

Highly recommended