Internet Radio on Audiophile Quality 2 Channel System

How do you guys feel about playing internet radio through your highly invested two channel analog system? You spend all that time and money to get the synergy right and too play internet radio? I'm just curious! 

roddyboy

@mahler123 how are you streaming this Venice station? I find anything around MP3 quality to be thin and artificial.

@goofyfoot 

Radio Venice through a variety of streamers, Cambridge Audio CXN 60 in my main  2 channel and Bluesound Node2 in a mid fi system.  I used to have a Bryston BDP3 in the 2 channel and the Venice stream on that player was the best yet.

Perhaps I was hyperbolic in saying it is CD quality, but it is the best sounding station in my experience, and I was surprised when I learned it only streams at 128 bps

@boxcarman I discovered that my Auralic app (Lightning DS) which came with my player, that is, a free download (my player is an original Aries) can trick my DAC (a Schiit Yggdrasil) into upsampling the MP3 (x4), to the point that it sounds better than my CDs, or at least as good as. I enjoy streaming by genre from around the world.