Intermittent Static pops in one channel

When playing vinyl, a new recent thing has developed over the last month. I've noticed that I've been getting an increasing number of static pops only in the left channel. Almost never seems to cone from right channel. This really iisn't distortion (too much anti-skate), but frequent static like pops and clicks.

Cleaned stylus, using anti-static brush, and washing records hasn't really helped. Rechecked stylus alignment and azimuth to no effect. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
philb7777

Showing 3 responses by philb7777

Ugh, now back in both channels with a vengeance, with L > R and seemingly higher noise floor regardless of cart loading. Well, here goes - phono pre, junction box, tonearm, or cart. The investigation starts this week. Ugh....
Good thought Mitch. My Cadence is around 8 years old. Play CD's through the preamp are great - no noise or static. Its got to be phono pre - junction box - or cart I bet. Don't see how it can be tonearm. Never manipulated it and the attachments to the cart look and feel solid.
Thanks for the responses. I re-seated all the interconnects from turntable to phono pre to preamp to amp. Seems to have taken care of the issue for now. Crossing my fingers its not the XV1s. I love that cart!!