Intergrateds: BAT's VK-300X /SE or Simaudio i-7

I'm looking to replace my amp and pre with a good intergrated amp. I've been looking at Simaudio's Moon i-7
and BAT's VK-300X. The VK-300X/SE has a tube pre-amp and solid state amp built in.
I'd like to hear any comments from folks that have owned or own either.
Thanks. Sally
sallycaine

Showing 1 response by jeffkad

Sally: I'm watching your various posts with great interest as I too am searching for a good integrated for my B&W nautilus 803's. I'm curious as to what kind of sound characteristics your speakers have generally, and what kind of sound you are trying to capture with the integrated. As for the integrateds, the number of candidates is mind-boggling, and the differences of opinions is somewhat mind-numbing. I'm currently considering a Mac 6900 or 7000, and a Cayin Hybrid H80a, both of which I've heard and loved in short demos. I'm also considering the Sim i7, as well as the Plinius 9200. The Krell 400xi is an outside contender. I've heard mixed things about the Levinson 383 and also the Rowland Concerto. Sorry to mix many of your posts together, and I haven't offered much here, but am curious what your ultimate sonic goal is. Regards...Jeff