Intergrateds: BAT's VK-300X /SE or Simaudio i-7

I'm looking to replace my amp and pre with a good intergrated amp. I've been looking at Simaudio's Moon i-7
and BAT's VK-300X. The VK-300X/SE has a tube pre-amp and solid state amp built in.
I'd like to hear any comments from folks that have owned or own either.
Thanks. Sally
sallycaine

Showing 3 responses by jeff_jones

I had the VK-300X/SE. Depending on your tastes and system it may be just what you want. For me & my system, the Bat was strong on detail but a little bit short on musicality. I have since thought that if I had gotten the tube version but not the supertube version I might have been where I wanted to be. Good luck.
Sally - Sold it. Dislike is too strong, I think it is a good unit, I just wanted something that leaned a little bit more toward musicality. Another person with different room/ speakers/personal taste/ etc. might like the SE better.
Sally,
That may give you what you want, do not know of any reason why it would be a bad approach.

I'm biased toward the moon because of the better warranty and because I'm irritated with BAT and because I've always sorta wondered how I'd like one. None of my biases are useful for helping you decide which unit would sound better in your system. Good Luck!