Interesting project started by Michael Fremer

Michael Fremer has started a Kickstarter campaign to produce an album, side A will be all analog, including Mastering, side B will have Digital mastering, can anyone tell the difference ? Thats the Question

The project was first describedWhat can we Hear?

The Kickstarter kick off announcement is Hearing is Deceiving

I think this is quite interesting looking forward to the results, have already backed it, and will of course order the album from Acoustic Sounds when / if it becomes a reality.

What are your thoughts on this project ?

Good Listening

Peter
128x128pbnaudio
If you follow AnlaogPlanet like I do, they have been talking about this for several months now.

I think it's a great idea, however, I'm a little upset that the initial $10, (yeah I know it's only 10 bucks) won't go towards the LP? Seems like we are funding the project, but don't reap any of the benefits like a "normal" KickStarter campaign.

Hopefully this will change and at least give us something back for actually getting it done.

Yes, I gave my $10 to the project.
*can anyone tell the difference ? Thats the Question*

To tell or not to tell, that is the question?
Whether 'tis Nobler in the mind to suffer the Slings and Arrows of outrageous analog, or to take arms against a sea of quantifying troubles. (Hamlet?)

*A tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.* (Macbeth)

Let the games begin,
Best mastering wins.
Assuming an initial pressing of 500, the break even point will be enough to recover $180,000 of cost. Of course, $50,000 will go to Michael for his time and effort. Count me in when the fund is at $175,000.
Other things being equal, digital remastering will sound different and might even be prefered by people who are digiheads and don't listen to analog.
There is no point in this exercise. And the fact that your contribution does not guarantee you the record for $10 less than regular price is quite telling.