Interesting comment on Bose Speakers.....

I’ve heard quite a few audiophile speakers that used expensive drivers in ways that...well, didn’t suit my taste. Quite a few speakers using Focal tweeters made me feel like that guy in the movie Seven Beauties who went to “better  @@%%@!. Say what you want about Bose but a Bose speaker never made me want to leave the room.
ishkabibil

just an owner of Bose who enjoys the sound. Lets get off the bandwagon of I am an audiophile and you are not because I do or dint own bose. On the cheap driver issue how do they achieve decent bass on the 301s I have in rotation? and a very simple Cab....

I enjoy the sound of my Alexa while cooking — doesn’t make it a good speaker. The answer to your question about bass is that you don’t actually know what decent bass sounds like. In addition, their cheap-ass drivers probably don’t produce much over 10kHz, which is why bad recordings sound acceptable or at least non-offensive with poorly-recorded music, just like my Alexa. Ignorance is bliss, so just keep burying your head in the sand and think you’re hearing good sound. And don’t EVER go to a high-end dealer because you’ll finally hear everything you’re missing and will feel like an idiot. Go Bose!!! BTW, the ATC midrange dome drivers cost about $750 each. If you think a 5 cent Bose driver has any business being in the same room with that you’re insane. The ATC mid driver alone probably weighs almost as much as your shite 301s. Reddit’s more the place for you dude — those are your peeps. Just sayin’.