Interconnects for use with MC207....

Hey All,

If I were connecting to a McIntosh MC207, unbalanced for a distance of 2m, what would you recommend to be the highest end cable without going over $750.00 per cable?

Tx.

Blu
blu_audio
Cable recommendations are very difficult to make as each system is different and what works for one system does not necessarily mean it will work in another system, additionally, everyone has there own tastes as to what sounds best to them. Each of these recommendations are very sincere and I am quite sure it works fine within there systems and they are quite happy. I have always found that the MIT cables have had a particular synergy with what ever system I have owned, It seems to be due to these cables having switchable impedance networks which enable you to match the impedances of your electronics as well as addressing the many additional interactions between your electronics and speakers, enabling you to extract the optimum performance your electronics and speakers are capable of. This correct matching can often make MORE of a difference than changing other pieces of electronics. I suggest you find a dealer who will let you AUDITION the MIT cables within your price range in YOUR system, I am pretty sure you will be quite impressed and your search should be over. In addition, because of our crazy hobby we tend to change electronics quite often in search of the holy grail, one great advantage of the MIT cables is that if you do make a change, you can adjust the impedance of the interconnects to achieve maximum performance with your new electronics, thus saving the cost of a new set of cables to help match your new electronics or speakers. Of course you will probably upgrade to the more expensive Mits, but that is the nature of our hobby.
Mike

Thanks!

Do you have a URL for The Cable Company...when I type it in odd things seem to come up. :-(

Thanks again,

Blu.
I second the Synergistic Research Tesla Accelerator cable recommendation. Give The Cable Company a call for a demo. They can even make suggestions and let you borrow other cables with the Tesla's. Most people I know go with the Teslas after they demo a few, but it is fun to experiment.
been there , done that-consider synergistic research tesla accelerator bought used on agon for about 750 or au 24---assume you want musical