Interconnect with great dynamics and bass slam ,

I recently purchased some Cardas Golden cross sepaker cables. They replaced my Dh Lab Q10s. I replaced the Q10s because i was getting some upper mid freq brightness.
I have Golden Cross interconnects from preamp to amp and from cd player to pre amp. The sound is very smooth and detailed .The bass and mid bass is not as authorative or as tight. The highs are better - more detailed and smooth.
The problem is the sound is almost too smooth the bass is kind of rounded off now .The sound is less dynamic.
My Question is.
Is there an interconnect that could give me back that great bass and dynamics of that i had with the Q10s, without the harshness i was getting. I think i would like to keep the Golden Cross speaker cables and try changing the ICs. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
grey9hound

Showing 4 responses by zd542

How long have you had the cables for? Cardas takes a very long time to break in.
2. 2 pairs of 2. The 2. Speaker cables, pair 1 of 2. Interconnects, pair 2 of 2; of The 2.
"06-10-13: Audiolabyrinth
@ jmcgrogan2, I agree, Audio is a crapshoot!you remember decade!, that should be a great power cord for his mccormic amp!, what do you think?"

How could TARA Cables be a crapshoot?
"The Decade cables were really good for the money paid new!, Its a cable line from 1995 that was Taras celebration cable of being in bussiness for 10 years, the following year they introduced the one cable"

They were great cables. I had every intention to buy some for my system. The only problem was I compared them to The Two and bought them instead. Go figure.