interconnect suggestions

I've got my system pretty dialed (for me).  Tekton Electron SE speakers, LTA MZ2 pre and Pass XA30.5.  I'm loving the sound.  There's one area that I've kind of neglected because I have been baffled by the options and prices.  Yes, you guessed it.  Interconnects!  I currently am using four foot Belden cables from Blue Jeans cable between the amp and pre.  I reconfigured my system and now I can run much shorter cables.  Should I invest in different cables?  How much should I spend?  How much of a difference will they really make?  I'm not really that interested in using cables as expensive tone control.  I just want to maximize the quality of the sound of my system.  Thanks for your suggestions!
adam8179
+2, Audio Envy.

Start with IC you’re seeking and let your ears guide you.  
Thanks everyone for your input.  It's been very helpful.  I feel like this is the most difficult area of this hobby to find value, i.e. price to performance ratio.  I will look into your suggestions.  I am going to get some new interconnects, I just want to make an informed decision and as always, you guys have really helped in that regard
Thanks everyone for your input. It’s been very helpful. I feel like this is the most difficult area of this hobby to find value, i.e. price to performance ratio.
You’re not kidding! The best-sounding cables I’ve tried have been among the cheapest, models by BJC or Mogami or fabricated to order with Mogami cable and Neutrik connectors.

In my most recent experiment, a pair of well-known boutique cables, MSRP $2200, sounded notably colored by comparison to Mogami W2549 with Neutrik XLRs.