Integrated tube amp has no bass Cayin A50T

Hi folks,

So I just bought a Cayin A50T (used, but well looked after), I have set it up at home and found that there is extremely little low end. it's very very noticeable.

Im powering Energy pro series 3.5 bookshelf speakers so nothing too crazy.

I'm very new to this hobby so I would greatly appreciate some help. I doubt the seller will take the amp back.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Nick
nicdob

Showing 1 response by boband212

if your speakers are out of phase- no bass. that is pos to neg and neg to pos- reversed phasing. also, inefficient speakers are not recommended for a modest powered tube amp. back in the day a lot of the solid state gear put out by pioneer and Marantz fell in the 25 to 35 wpc range with a 45wpc amp/receiver considered pretty powerful. Those sounded so pleasant, but speakers then were different too. today some speakers are really inefficient requiring a lot of power just do drive them. Why? Beats me. I sell Jolida gear and vintage Klipsch speakers, and vintage Advents. This amp should sound great with some Klipsch reference speakers. Some speakers are just best with high powered SS amps. Paradigm, PSB speakers, Klipsch. There are some good buys on vintage Klipsch. Set the bias on the amp, and check reset tubes. If problem persists, take it to a shop.