Integrated amps- Hegel H100 or Vincent SV-237?

I have a pair of Maggie MMG and I love these little speakers. I am using my friend's Vincent SV-236 MKII to drive the Maggies and the speakers sound great. I also heard the Hegel integrated amps sound very good, too. I now have quotes for both SV-237 and H100 at the same price range. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance for your feedback!
jjue

Showing 7 responses by jjue

Thank you! I have the original package which includes several resistors. I'll give them a try.
Hegel is getting aggressive on their prices. I saw H100 for $1,695 new today. Anybody wants to share his/her experience with H100?
Went with Hegel H200 eventually. Received the amp tonight and listened to a few familiar songs. Very happy with the decision so far.
Thanks for all the feedback so far. I listen to Jazz and Classical for the most of the time. I like the sound from the Vincent SV 236 MKII. Very clear, a lot of details and a nice 3D soundstage. The only complaint I have is that it sounds a little bit on the bright side. But that could because of the amp is still new (less than 100 hrs may be). I have dealer offers for Vincent SV 237 and Hegel 100 both at the $2,000 ball park. I dont have experience with Hegel but several people told me to give it a try. I have also considered Krell S300i. Any thoughts on the Krell?
I contacted the dealer. They happened to receive a few H100 at the lower price. My understanding is that Hegel is going to discontinue H100. That's probably another reason why the H100's are being sold at discount price. Anyway, I have enjoyed my H200 a lot and I think I will stick with it for a while.