Integrated Amplifier for FOCAL 807VW speakers

Hi to everyone
Which Integrated Amplifier would sound good with the Focal 807VW Speakers. Also, does Parasound Amplifiers have good
synergy with the Focal speakers.
Thanks and Happy New Year
torevado

Showing 5 responses by paraneer

At 8 Ohms & 92 db sensitivity, the Focals your looking at are pretty efficient speakers and do not require a lot of power. So that really opens the field as far as what integrated - you have literally dozens to choose from. So to better answer your question, are you interested in SS or Tubes?

Also, you say you want an integrated but ask about Parasound. While they make very good SS amps, they do not offer an integrated. Power amps only.
Thanks for the additional details Torevado. Given your ample budget, and no attempts to fill an concert hall with sound, there are many quality SS integrateds to choose from.

Since you already heard the speakers you want with the Simaudio, you can consider their entry level Moon Neo 220i. Also, any NAD BEE series from the 316 to the 375 will get the job done. You can also take your pick of offerings from Arcam, A19 & A28, and Creek, the EVO II and 5350 EVO. That's seven I already listed and can go and on. But there is one more I would strongly suggest..

The Marantz PM8004 at 1K list. This is not an ordinary Marantz product like their HT series stuff. This amp is built in Japan at their reference factory and is not afraid to show its true specs - 70 wpc into 8 Ohms, >25 amps peak current capacity, >100 damping factory and could be the heaviest of the bunch at 27 lbs. I have heard this amp driving 10K Sonus Faber Cremona M's and was extremely impressed. Truly an impressive sounding amp for the money. Good luck in your search and happy listening.
Sounds like a good choice Torevado. With the 50 high current wpc that the Sim will dish out, the Focals will be no problem for this amp. Just sit back and enjoy the music.

BTW, are you going with the 807 V or W?
Good choice again. I have read good reviews on the "W"s and they seem to be a major step up from the "V"s. Coupled with the Simaudio amp, sounds like your on the way to a great system.

WRT speaker cables, you are bound to get a wide variety of opinions, all equally valid and good. I use Audioquest Rocket 33's in my system. After trying many different types, I am very happy with these and have no intention of changing.
Congrats Torevado. The NAD BEE amps are very good sounding SS amplifiers. Glad you found an amp that's right for you. Enjoy the music!