Integrated Amplifier for Bowers & Wilkins 702 S2

Hello,

I have a pair of Bowers & Wilkins 702 S2. Right now I drive those speakers with my Vincent SV-737 Hybrid Amp. I’m considering adding a Gold note DS-10 plus Dac with Power supply. Vincent has not XLR output. I am looking for a powerful and high quality integrated Amp that will work in harmony. My budget around 5K. I’m asking you for advice.

Thank you

Servet

koseoglu22

Hegel H390 over on USaudiomart for $4K

Since you have experience with hybrid you can pick up a Rogue Pharaoh II for about $4K

Based on the impedance measurements at Stereophile, it is worth considering amps with high current drive.  The Luxman 507s may work but the 509s would be better.

Thanks for your comments. All of them are precious. I checked Hegel, It's looks perfect. I guess in such case I don't need to add a different Dac. I can drive with just a Music streamer. So, I'm between Hegel H390 and Michi X3 what would you say about the Michi X3 with B&W 702 S2 ?

I can only tell you I drove my B&W CM10s with a Rogue Pharaoh with great results. I found a pair of 804D3s I couldn't pass up and they are spectacular with the Pharaoh . You see used Pharaohs selling for less than 2500 and Rogue also has very good customer service! 

I ran Tube pre and class D amp for years.  Only went to class A/B amp cause I never had a good one.  Would consider tube/class D again without hesitation.

Really depends on what sound characteristics and improvements you’re looking for. 

The X3 is great but the 390 has a better DAC and has a streamer module so you don't need to buy a separate streamer

+1 on BAT hybrid integrated can be found used for $5K

CODA CSIB is a US-made SS integrated, very smooth and pure sound, and can be found used for $4K

BTW the Gold Note is decent but for that money you can do better, get a Holo Audio Spring 3 and Red streamer combo instead, or Gustard R26 for even less $

Definitely need a high current amp......Musical Fidelity works great with B&W 702’s. Also Audio GD tube pre w/ Peachtree GaN 400 amp is detailed and sweet with an enormous soundstage that goes Way beyond the speakers for a Very Live sound. good luck.

I tested both the Michi X3 and Hegel H390 using their internal DACs from a music streamer and settled on the H390. Both are good, but the overall sound of the Hegel was more refined where it made listening more relaxing, the Michi had a slight edginess by comparison. I don’t think you can go wrong with either, but my summation was the dac in the Hegel was the reason it sounded better to me. If you plan to ever get an external dac I recommend trying them with one, it might make your mind up. I own Spendor speakers, so different sound to your B&Ws.

Are you in USA? If you are call John Rutan at Audio Connection. You need a Belles American made integrated amp. They are under 5k but compete with amps over 10-20k.

I have a 200wpc Mark Levinson 585 on usaudiomart for around your budget! Original it was $12K! They don’t come more effortlessly powerful and neutral. A true window into the recording.