Integrated Amp Upgrade-itis hitting....

Hey all. Put together a system with GoldenEar Triton 3's, a Marantz CD6005 and Musical Fidelity A3.2 integrated. Lately, been getting the itch to "upgrade" the amp though while excellent in function and aesthetics is getting a tad long in tooth. So, my mind has been wandering about something different. Top 2 options right now are a Marantz PM 8005 and Rogue Sphinx. I'm open to suggestions based on the above. I listen to a lot of electric blues and classic rock. A phono section is important as I do spin some vinyl as well. Just looking for some input from some fellow audio nuts....
128x128beernut
I've got a case of upgraditis too, and have been considering a new integrated.  I'd suggest putting the Parasound Halo integrated on your short list.  Stereophile recommends it as an "A" level product.  it has a well regarded dac section as well, so you could use your Marantz as a transport, and let the Halo do the decoding.

It's not cheap, but open box deals can be had at Audio Advisor and Safe Soundhq.  
All seem to be good choices.  I only have real experience with the Marantz.  I had the PM-7005, then the PM-8005 and now the PM-11s3.  All have been great. Kept the PM-8005 for a second system.
Hi , interesting discussion . I don't have a solution, just some rambling thoughts . When I changed amps , it was to get more power in SS or go to tubes . I think Chayro's spot on about source . I use Tidal over CD's. But I would recommend looking at getting a good DAC and transport . Now, you add vinyl to the mix and there's no change . As far as integrated goes, the Rouge ships with JJ's , they sound like stale bread . I have a Rogue RP-1 pre and pulled them after a couple of days . Both run 12AU7's . I run NOS Telefunken and Seimens . Huge difference . Also take your headphones . My Rogue can't hold a candle to my vintage Marantz receiver or my Shiit headphone amp . I haven't gotten back into vinyl yet , so I can't comment on the phono stage . So if you get the Rogue , plan on a tube change and a modest power cord upgrade . Also if it demos well , consider a used one and a tube change . A $100 Silnote power cord will help too. The Chronus is cool . My friend is a former Rogue dealer and has mucho extra gear ( none for sale 😞 ). He has the Magnum II in his office. Last year he loaned me his Modwright KWI -200. What a big amp . It was really nice , but didn't pair well in my home. Bryston stuff is OUTSTANDING ! I would really consider separates . It sounds like you are on a modest budget like me . Have you changed interconnects and cables and cords ? Your current amp might sound a lot different with a different pair of interconnects . Can you give us info on that stuff . Danger Will Robinson Danger ! Tube rolling is as addictive as tobacco and as fun as street racing , so you've been warned ! I think going to the dealer is your best option . My current system started with an $800 pair of used speakers 18 months ago . I'm at $8000. Cause I went back to tubes . I stayed in touch with the fellow I bought the speakers from , as he is a tube audiophile and his advise has really helped guide my decisions. The advise on this thread is very good, and not a single EGO has jumped in . If you get into the Rogue and want to try some tubes , I will help you . Cause that's what WE DO . So please chime in on your wires . Regards , Mike from Sun Baked California.
I might suggest the Wyred4Sound ST Integrated 1000. Nice balance of power and detail, good for both "big" listening and intimate ensembles. Get one used or find a "b" stock on the W4S website. Pretty different from the MF, and you might want new speakers afterward, too. But isn't that the way it goes with this hobby? Upgrade one thing, pretty soon you're looking for something else .... anyway, it's a nice little amp, and if you follow my suggestion, you'll pay somewhere around $500+ for the upgrade.
I heard the Triton 2s with the Rogue Pharaoh and that was a really nice sound. I'm not sure what "long in the tooth" means here in context. But when you find the right pairing of amp and speaker, you'll know it and you'll not want to leave it except maybe to upgrade the whole system. Always remember to buy the best equipment you can that way you won't have so much swapping or sideways moves. Amp/speaker pairing is paramount. Buy the best source you can too. Good luck!