Integrated Amp upgrade?

Hello all,

Looking to upgrade my Cambridge Azur 851a.

I will be pairing with Spendor A6Rs (no sub). Two sources include Gold Note PH-10 & Mytek Brooklyn DAC+

My budget is $2K (new or used) and my top three choices right now are:
-Electrocompaniet PI-2
-Ayre AX-7e
-LFD LE IV

My room is on the small side, and I usually listen with the volume on the high side of medium. All genres of music.

Thanks,
Rob

7bc4daa2 be3e 4e1a 95da 243581b9bbb5robelvick
+1 for the Belles Aria.  I preferred it over the Ayre AX-7E - warmer, more involving sound.  I bought mine about a year ago - a nice upgrade from my Rega Elex-R.  Unless you need balanced (and I personally don't), look no further.  Includes great phono and headphone amp too.
Robelvick
Lyngdorf vs micromega m-100  both digital only, how do they fair against each other
@jaredjcrandall84

I preferred the M-100 over the Lyngdorf.  The Micromega definitely has a warmer & more organic sound.  It also has a built in streamer, and MM/MC phono stage.

That being said, if you're interested in the room correction that each have, the Lyngdorf's is better, IMO.  The Lyngdorf's DAC is also top notch.  My main gripe against the Lyngdorf, is that when you use it with a phono preamp, the signal has to be digitalized, and I never could enjoy my vinyl playback as much as I'm used to on a traditional amp.
I am leaning towards getting the Lyngorf just for the preamp and DAC only. The amplification did not sound good to me with the speakers I demoed, however, an external amp connected via the analog pre-out was beautiful. Speakers were Paradigm Persona 5F and we used digital files.

I am going to have a shootout with the DSP features of the Linn SELEKT DSM | Lyngdorf | Anthem STR. If the DSP on the Lyngdorf is the best one then I will buy that even if the amp in it is not going to be used.
You’re probably losing a lot of money this way rather than just getting a Gryphon Diablo 120 with the DAC and Phono modules. Looking for perfection in a all in one doesn’t make that much sense to me.

I’d get the Luxman L505uX II and an outboard DAC.