integrated amp that matches well w/ Soliloquy 5.3s

I am currently looking to get a new integrated amplifier for my system. I have Soliloquy 5.3 speakers which i love but I do find them a little bright. (The brightness may also be due to my CD player which I am also considering upgrading but I thought I would get the delivery portion of my system done first then I would be in a position to test several different cd players into my system to find the best fit)

I have read suggestions that a tube type integrated would be best. I listen to jazz, alternative rock, and a little techno and thought that a hybrid integrated (Unison Unico Pathos Logos etc.) would do the trick but not sure.

Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated. Looking to spend under $2500.

Also a brief mention is made in HiFi+ of a modded version of the Canary CA-608 that won both Prodcut & Editors choice award (http://www.hifiplus.com/hi-fi_awards_2001.html) but I can't seem to find a lot of reviews regarding the stock version, let alone the modified version. Does anyone have any comments or thoughts regarding this product?

Thanks in advance

Chuckiemon
chuckiemon

Showing 1 response by mrfastguy250aol

I would suggest trying cabling 1st, I used Audioquest Pythons and Transparent Super speaker cables with great success.
Happy listening!
Greg Swoboda