Integrated amp & player for B&W 804, pls

Hi, All.

I bought B&W Nautilus 804. Now I am in the process of choosing the right gear to drive them. I listened them with Denon 5803, Marantz, Rotel 1065 ... and I did not like what I heard. So, I decided to go with Integrated amplifier. Doing some search I found it seems people like them with Mcintosh 6500, Classe CAP-151. What do you think about these Int amp, or could you recommend something else? And with CD player I am kinda lost. I read NAD got the good scores at What Hi-Fi? magazine but I am not sure. Besides I'd prefer to have 5-CDs changer.

Thanks in advance,
Konstantin
konstantin_agon

Showing 1 response by bobo

A little known but remarkable set of integrateds come out of Audiomat (French company). The Arpege reference (bottom-end product) kicks the ass of anything I've heard for at least twice the price. I own one, and have been in complete love with it for over a year. I have a NAD 521i CD player that I'm upgrading today (Vecteur L-4), but even with the NAD...outstanding piece of equipment. Soundstage has done reviews on Audiomat products, including the Arpege. One is currently for sale on Audiogon for about $1500. Goood luck