Integrated Amp Jumpers

A while back I replaced the metal jumpers between the pre-amp and amp section of my int-amp with Audioquest jumpers, which are about 3 inches in length. I use Audioquest King Cobras and Diamondbacks for interconnects throughout the rest of my system. I was wondering if anyone knew if using a short length pair of Audioquest King Cobras or Diamondbacks would be an improvement over the Audioquest interconnects sold specifically as jumpers. Without special order I believe the shortest length available for the King Cobras or Diamondbacks is .5m. Any opinions are appreciated.
darkkeys

Showing 3 responses by 213runnin

Well I'll jump in too.  This is an old thread, but the subject matter is pertinent still.  I've ordered the Audioquest jumpers for my Nad C326BEE to replace the stock steel jumpers.  I've tried IC's and did notice improvements with some.  But they are long(at least 3 feet) and one pair, the Morrow Audio MA1, introduced momentary hum.  They are not shielded and were apparently picking up some noise.  

It was only heard momentarily when the unit's relays first clicked on, then it was gone.  the stock jumpers and other IC's didn't have this momentary hum at all, though.  Either way, the Audioquest jumpers should be here by the end of next week.

I'm curious to see how they'll sound.  I've read some good, and some heard no difference.  We'll see.
Okay, after one listening session with the Audioquest jumpers, I am satisfied that they are an improvement over the steel stock jumpers.

Better highs which add to the imaging, and vocals are improved as well.  I can't speak to bass response since I was testing them with bookshelf speakers having 4 inch drivers.  But overall, definitely worth the 30 or so, depending on if you have decent speakers or not.
Spice to your preference, definitely.  The end result would also depend on one's speaker characteristics and the other components in the system.  Lots of fun to experiment!