Integrated Amp Advice - Rogue Sphinx or Peachtree nova150?

Looking for advice on an integrated amp to power a pair of Thiel PCSs (87 dB / 4 ohms). Done some research and narrowed it down to either a Rogue Audio Sphinx, which has really peaked my interest due to the positive online reviews, or a Peachtree Audio nova150, which also has good reviews and a store near me has a demo unit for $975 in that gorgeous ebony. I am going to see if I can demo these at home before I buy but any input would be appreciated.
matthewva

Showing 1 response by motopatina

I think the Nova is at a great price! I understand you might prefer a tube sound. One option could be to buy the Peachtree and use the Jolida Tube buffer with the loop inputs of the PT to get the tube sound.  https://www.jolida.com/product/foz-ss-x
Might be the best of both worlds. Maybe the dealer would let you try it before buying. The preamp and DAC of the Peachtree seem to be held in high regard, as well as its ability to drive 4 ohm loads. The FOZ is $400. If this combo doesn’t give you what you’re looking forward - should be fairly simple to resell.