Integrated Amp $1200 or less

I’m currently using an Anthem I225 integrated amp and am consider a different integrated.

I would prefer solid state.  I am not opposed to used and actually prefer that route if I can get more bang for the buck that way.

Im wanting something that still has enough power to drive my speakers (Fritz Carreras) to satisfyingly high levels.

I’m preferring an integrated so I don’t need an additional power cord and rca cords.

I’m open to suggestions.  I could be swayed into spending a little more if I can get alot more performance.

I’m looking for more refinement.  My source is a bluesound node 2i and I’m currently using the dac in the bluesound.  
I’d prefer getting an integrated with no dac and will upgrade my Dac later.  Again, I wouldn't rule out a great integrated that has a dac!

Thanks ahead of time for the suggestions!

128x128b_limo

Showing 1 response by daledeee1

I have the Node 2i.  When I added a Topping D90 @ $630 the improvements were not subtle.  Better accuracy, sound stage, bass; basically all aspects of my sound were improved.  Topping also has a volume control and I plug it directly into my power amp. Denafrips is another a good brand for about same price.  I think those are R2R DAC. They were way back ordered last winter so I steered away.  Now they are available. I think a DAC would be a bigger improvement than buying an amp.  I did see a Rogue Sphinx V2 for sale.  I think about $1100.  I can be upgraded to V3 for about $500.  Lots of advise and options and that is part of the fun.  Many of the amps recommended here are Class d.  I steered away because I like Class A.