Installing new wires in room with hardwood floors

I want to feed a new cable tv wire and Ethernet wire into room with a hardwood floor (going through wall more difficult and thru floors may be less visible).  Wires being fed up thru basement ceiling access.  Need a plug-in style outlet for cable and Ethernet jack access at floor level. Interested in ideas on how to get these wires into a room. 

emergingsoul

Showing 2 responses by mahler123

I have a drop ceiling in my basement that helps hide a lot of wires.  I did drill a small hole in the hardwood floor in the living room above it to run Ethernet wires.  The hole is hidden by some built in shelving in the living room.  It’s been there 7 years now.  I guess I might have worry about it when I move, 
It's one reason that people prefer wireless, but as you pointed out, that leads to performance compromises.   My one small hole in the hardwood floor, out of site, works for me, but the individual characteristics of every home are different.  I had wired the house first myself and while everything worked the results did not meet SAF.  I then asked an IT Pro that was helping with an unrelated issue and his solution at first made me gulp about assaulting the floor but it was the right all.  You may wish for a consult from someone who has done a lot of IT connections.