Installing Dedicated Lines.... Need advise

Ok I plan to run two dedicated lines of Romex 10/2 wire about 60' each. One will be for my Receiver and Rotel sub amp. And the other for all my digital.

Question one: Should I say.. put the analog plug to one side of my sound stage, and the digital to the other side, that way the amp wires will be seprated by like 6' or so. Or is it ok to run them all to the same area?

Question two: I plan to use a Maestro socket for the amps, is it ok to go with a simpler Porterhouse for the digital?

And last, if money is an issue, would you run say Home Depot Romex 10/2 to the digital, and use VH Audio 10 on the amps?
128x128oak244

Showing 1 response by mt10425

My two lines run to the same place. Maybe separating them has sonic value, it could make sense logically but, maybe not technically. Engineers chime in. I don't really buy into significant differences in high end outlets. I use the same Furutech for both of mine, have swapped amp. TT, tuner, phono and digital plugs with noticing any difference. I would get 2 Porter outlets, good value/cost and enjoy.