“Insides” of tubes

Hi all,

Weird question here but is it possible for the innards of power tubes to be aligned differently? I bought 4 new Genalex PX300B tubes for my monoblocks. In one amp the innards of the tubes are aligned the same way. So the center plate is oriented the same way.  For the other amp one of the tubes’ center plates is about 25 degrees off center to the other tube.  I have verified that all of the tubes are aligned correctly in terms of the pins.  The amplifier sounds fine. But this just seems weird to me...

dgaylin

wolfie62
89 posts08-25-2020 9:30pmI only get the laser trimmed tubes. Sonically superior to all others. Made by hand in Estonia.

That good..All others.. LOL crack me up.. Estonia? Mercy...

The thing people say...Handmade valves have been around for quite a while, The Italians, French, and Brits, have been at it for a LONG time.
Where do you think the Estonians learned how to do it, Certainly not Estonia, Russia, or China. You ever listen to Russian music, makes me want to go, dig a ditch and jump in it.

Job market is slim in Estonia, work in Russian Gulag, or make handmade, valve. Truly a land of limited opportunity.

Don't get upset now, just sayin'

Regards
@oldhvymec Your intel on Estonia is out of date. It's more advanced than the tinderbox that is the US.
Estonia is a developed country with an advanced, high-income economy that was among the fastest-growing in the EU since its entry in 2004[16] The country ranks very high in the Human Development Index,[8] and compares well in measures of economic freedom, civil liberties, education,[17] and press freedom.[18] Estonian citizens receive universal health care,[19] free education,[20] and the longest paid maternity leave in the OECD.[21] One of the world's most digitally-advanced societies,[22] in 2005 Estonia became the first state to hold elections over the Internet, and in 2014, the first state to provide e-residency.
Thank you all for the very helpful replies!  I was having a hard time understanding how the tube insides could be attached to the correct pins with a different alignment than the other three tubes. Tube continues to operate and sound fine.