Infocus X1 projector to Outlaw Audio 975

Having some trouble getting my Infocus X1 projector to recognize the new Outlaw Audio 975 processor. It keeps searching for a source and never locks in. I think I have it hooked up properly, using a VESA to component adaptor from the projector's input to the processor's component's output. Am I missing something?
bdunne
The projector does not support 1080p so make sure that the Outlaw is upscaling to only 1080i or is off.
Have you tried contacting Outlaw audio themselves? They have pretty good customer service and support. I'm sure someone there can be of assistance.
Have you tried the "Saloon" on the Outlaw site? Many knowledgeable about the 975 over there. :)
Here is what Bootman over at the Outlaw Audio Saloon stated. It is along the lines of what Jjrenman posted earlier.

Sounds like an unsupported resolution is being sent out by the 975.

Find out what is the supported resolution of this projector and force that output on the 975. (example:if it is 720p, then set the 975 to match that.)

You may need another display to do that initially if the default out of the 975 isn't compatible with the projector.
Also are there HDMI sources connected at the same time?
2011 copy protection rules limits component outs to 480p when this is done.

Yea copy protection.
Thanks for all of the responses. I went out and got a TV with HDMI inputs so I could access the Outlaw on screen display (apparently, this is the only way to do this is via HDMI). So, I adjusted the TV and Video sources from HDMI to component in the hopes of getting the projector to recognize the processor. Still no luck. I'll go back and try to adjust the upscaling from 1080p to 1080i to see if that helps, as someone already suggested here. Will let you know. Keep your fingers crossed.....
If using the component video output on the Outlaw,
you must use the component video inputs only (p20 - Outlaw manual).
Also, if you are using the Integra DPS-6.7, its resolution must be set to 480p to get an output from the component video outputs (p58 - Integra manual).
Thanks for all of the responses. I went out and got a TV with HDMI inputs so I could access the Outlaw on screen display (apparently, this is the only way to do this is via HDMI). So, I adjusted the TV and Video sources from HDMI to component in the hopes of getting the projector to recognize the processor. Still no luck. I'll go back and try to adjust the upscaling from 1080p to 1080i to see if that helps, as someone already suggested here. Will let you know. Keep your fingers crossed.....
Still no luck. I am getting audio to work now, but no video. I adjusted the Outlaw to 1080i from 1080p. Even tried dumping down to 720 and 480p. Nothing. I also tried switching to Native.
The source I'm using is a DVD player via HDMI connection. Perhaps HDMI is not going to show up through a projector connected via component? If that's the case, then the only good solution would be to get a projector with HDMI, right? Yikes, more $.
Perhaps HDMI is not going to show up through a projector connected via component?
That is correct, see my previous post. Again, if you are using the Integra DPS-6.7, it must be connected with component video and digital audio to the Outlaw, and the Integra's resolution must be set to 480p to get an output from the its component video outputs (p58 - Integra manual). Also, the resolution adjustments on the Outlaw only affect the HDMI. To use HDMI, you will need a different projector.

Have you tried using the component video only?
I don't have an Integra DPS 6.7 DVD player hooked up any longer (it had been getting finicky about playing most DVD's, so needs to be serviced). I've been trying a brand new Sony DVD blu-ray player with HDMI and an older Mitsubishi with componenet, just to see if I can get anything to show video. Thing is, not only is the projector not working on video through the processor, but I cannot get video to show on a new TV with HDMI and componenet inputs either. Ugh. I'm going to have to go back and methodically try the different options again unless anyone has a better suggestion. Thanks.
OK, I've gotten the component video working via the new TV directly with component connections from DVD player to processor and then processor to TV. So, now I just need to get the projector working the same way. I'll keep plugging, but please keep the suggestions coming.....
You might try connecting the DVD player directly to the projector without the Outlaw. This would make sure the projector is set correctly. Since you are using the VESA adapter to the VGA input, you must select the computer input on the projector. If no picture, try the "auto range" button on the projector. Once you get that working, then try the Outlaw. Also, try connecting the Blu-ray player directly to the TV.
OK, I've gotten the component video working via the new TV directly with component connections from DVD player to processor and then processor to TV. So, now I just need to get the projector working the same way. I'll keep plugging, but please keep the suggestions coming.....