Info on Snell C-lll Speakers

I'm thinking about buying a used pair of Snell C-lll speakers and would like some opinions on them. Price TBD.
I currently own a pair of E-lll's which I like very much, but are a bit bright and a bit shy in the bass for my taste. Not sure if modifying them is the answer so I'd like to upgrade to another pair. My amp is a Macintosh 240.
I was also thinking about the Vandersteen 2C signature., but am not sure if my amp can drive them. Thanks
opal
Maybe it was -92 or year later.Packed them out of box new.Using a pair of speakers for 15 years and beyond are usual for Snell owners.Says something!
I posted to this yesterday..but it didn't make it through for some reason.

You might want to check out the type D's or the C-V's. Both have great sound & are an excellent buy. I run a pair of E-IV's and Type A's. The E-IV's are also a very nice sounding speaker with good bass and smooth mids & highs.
Hi Opal. If you like your E-111's..... Updating the crossovers in your E-111's is can yield some major gains in both resolution and reach at the frequency extremes as well as coherency and focus. Replace the cheap electrolytic caps on the crossover and rewiring them internally will yield impressive results indeed. Do you use the rear firing tweeter? Turn it all the way down or better still.... disconnect it from the crossover and replace it with a quality resistor. Are they sitting on the floor? How large is your room? It is imperative to use a proper stand to support the speaker whereby the tweeter is firing at ear level . The bass response of the E-111's can indeed be quite impressive when properly tuned to your room. I can't think of another speaker that could best it without spending some major cash.