Infinity Kappa 9 and McIntosh MC402 combo ?

I am curently running a pair of Kappa 7's with a Mark Levinson No.23 amp (200 watt per chanel) and an old Denon pre-amp. This set up seems to be pretty well matched as far as power demands of the speakers and power supplied from the amp.
Recently I found a pair of Kappa 9's for sale on craigs list and I swooped on them! At the time I purchased the 9's I was aware that I would need more power than my Levinson amp was capeable of producing so I have since then been reading as much as I can about what others have tried and what seems to work for other Kappa 9 owners.

Out of all the threads and comments that I have read I have heard of alot of different amps that are capeable of powering these beasts but not once have I heard of anyone pairing the Kappa 9's with a McIntosh amp.?????
(I must tell you that I live in Alaska so buying used equipment is an option for me but a somewhat limited option and requires patience to find it localy or lots of $$$ for shipping 100+ lb. amps from the lower 48 states.)

Back to my question - We have a dealer in Anchorage, AK. that carries McIntosh. I have been considering an MC402 amp (400x2 watts) to run the K-9's with, anybody out there ever heard this combo?

I have also been considering a pair of the Sunfire Signature Series amps (600x2 watts) as they are more cost efective with ample power and at about 65 lbs. each would be much easier to ship.
goodwr3nch

Showing 1 response by rjhalla

Go for the MC501 monoblocks right out of the gate and you'll have nothing to worry about...ever!!