Infinity Kappa 8's

What to do? My infinity Kappa 8's keeps eating amps for lunch.The 1st failure was with a Yamaha 200 watt per channel model P2200. Amp went black, I replaced the main fuses on the back of amp, it powered-up with new same rating fuses and then amp died again for good.Tryed another P2200 fuse blew again. I've decided not to try the amp again, for fear of completely damaging my last P2200. This is getting expensive! I'm not cranking the volume at full tilt or pushing the bass tone control past 12 o'clock. The speaker can be Bi-amped, but I've just used a single robust P2200 on them. The speaker wire uses large 1/4 inch bananna connectors, so no bare wires can not touch positive to ground on the back of the amp or speakers and the 4 binding posts on the speakers flat metal plates to connect the two binding posts together for single amp operation. Could a faulty cross-over wreak this havoc upon me. Any helpful suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
audiosaurus

Showing 1 response by viggen900

Are these mods only for the kappa 8 or is it also beneficial with the kappa 8.1's?

I rand my 8.1's from a adcom gfa-5500.... Never a issue but not enough volume

Married a girl who had 5 parasound hca1500's (4 of which work) and tried a hca1500 in place of the adcom.... Much better everywhere. Then decided to bi amp the speakers and again a nice improvement. Each speaker gets 200-220w x 2..... But I have been debating on upgrading my amplifiers. Thinking of the wyredforsound sx1000 amp..... But I can't decide if it would be a improvement in sound going with a new class d amp..... And also being able to use Xlr inputs on the amp

Doing some house cleaning yesterday realized the foam surround on my kappa videos and kappa 5.1's is failing.... And suggestion on where to get new foam surrounds? Or but replacement speakers?