Inexpensive integrated for Usher S-520

I'm putting together a system for a small bedroom that's about 11'x12'. I've owned the Usher S-520 before so I'm pretty familiar with them. What integrated amp under $500 (new or used) should I pair them with? I need a remote control, and I want to stay away from tubes. I'd be interested in trying out one of the class D or tripath based amps, but not sure if they would match well with the inefficient Ushers.

Integrated amps that I've been considering are:
Onkyo A-9555
NAD 325BEE
Cambridge Audio 540a v.2
PopPulse T70i

Any other recommendations for the Ushers?
128x128johsti

Showing 2 responses by johsti

I was looking at the little dot, but the tube in the preamp concerns me. One of the things I like about the tripath amps is they are very efficient, and if I left them on all night, they wouldn't draw much power or produce much heat. Would a tube in the preamp create additional heat, and could it safely be left on for hours at a time? Has anyone listened to the Pop Pulse? It looks almost perfect on paper, but I can't find many reviews. I'm also considering one of the Panasonic SA-XR models since I'll have at least two sources. Any other ideas?
I'd love to audition the Decco, but it's out of my price range right now. I picked up a used Panasonic XR55 to use for now. The xr55 just might be all I need since this is a small bedroom system and I have limited speaker placement options that are not ideal. After some initial listening, the Panny makes the S-520 sound a bit bright on some material. I'm sure it can sound much better after some more tweaking. For the money spent, I'm impressed.

Thanks!