inexpensive hdcd player or dac

hi,
i am looking for an inexpensive cd player or dac with hdcd capabilities. any suggestions?

thanks,
paul
paulb
However, if you are still looking for an inexpensive DAC with HDCD capabilites, look at the MSB Link DAC. Although I agree with the previous posts the Link DAC is the only inexpensive DAC that I know of that is capable of playing HDCD.
While "inexpensive" is a relative concept, I'd suggest you look into a used EAD DAC, like the DPS 1000's, some of the later models had HDCD. These are often available used from $300-400. Otherwise, if you want new, I agree with the recommendations above that you should try the MSB Link Dacs or Cal Audio, both of which produce good quality for the budget conscious.
The CAL HDCD Icon Mark II Powerboss is a great stand alone player that can be purchased used in the $500 range. For $65.00 you can send it back to the factory for a cleaning and check of all outputs, money I believe well spent.
some of the cal dac units, sigma etc., can be upgraded for about $450. both the deck and dac can often be brought on the used market for 400/500. i like the rotel unit also and its an 'in the box' solution. most dealers will let you do a take home so risk to see if hdcd is for you would be low. look for an hdcd software title that is already in regular cd format you own. keep the variables to the player. use the same cables etc.