Incognito rewire problem

I have installed the Incognito tonearm rewire on a RB 250 Rega arm with the Origin structural mod.There seems to be an earthing problem as I have a continuous and loudish background hum not present at all previously.Checked the wires in the tonearm and base,they are not broken.Could it be the cartridge? A Sumiko Pearl that now hums when near the Planar 2 motor.Thanks,any help appreciated.stefanl
stefanl

Showing 3 responses by reb1208

Did you not keep the internal ground wire that was connected at the stub threads. I assure that you are not the first to have this problem with the incognito. Look, I'm sorry to tell you but that kit was the "wrong" move.
Very bad idea to take that arm apart once yet alone a second time. I can tell you that your arm will most definitely suffer some bearing play from all the handling. You will hear distortion and sibilance in the highs. Been their- done that. I would ask for a new arm and send it to Joe at discovery cable.
Hope the end stub comes off easy on the 250. Because on the 300/600/900/1000 - most of them are glued on very tightly. I don't trust anyone unscrewing those subs w/out putting pressure on the arm. The incognito is a bad design- period.
Best of luck to you.