In the middle of a pandemic, Stereophile reviews ~ $30K equipment

While the world is in the middle of a major economic event, the last two pieces of gear posted by Stereophile to their online site average $30K a piece.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/aavik-acoustics-u-380-integrated-amplifier
https://www.stereophile.com/content/ta-mp-3100-hv-sacd-playerstreaming-dac

If this doesn't make you feel like you belong to their target audience I don't know what will.
erik_squires
Apparently the US is not the only country with an over abundance of dumbasses.
Well what can I say about my fellow countrymen..... sounds like it might be time to start packing them all up on ships and sending off to Oz again!
UK and USA both have a Culture where Greed rules .
The "City"in London , Wall Street in US .
The pandemic just shows them up .

S. Korea has a culture that is based on actually making things which shows how things should be ! To an extent , Germany shows that in the west . .
  • "Apparently the US is not the only country with an overabundance of dumbasses."  

Based upon the number of  Maximilien Robespierre wannabes pretending to be Captain America in our city streets over the past 48 hours, we seem to have our share of dumbasses, that's for sure. 

I hope everyone is safe and your property is still standing.

Frank
"...the number of Maximilien Robespierre wannabes pretending to be Captain America..."
Captain America is French? That is called globalization. For better or worse.
The answers to this stuff may seem easy when typing posts on Audiogon, but none of it is easy and leading throughout something like this is even more difficult to the point where nobody could possibly measure up to perfection.

While our shelter-in-place orders have provided time for the medical community and PPE suppliers to somewhat catch up, we are nowhere near achieving herd immunity or a vaccine (maybe within a year). However, many are truly suffering because the sheltering in-place has caused them to lose their jobs and they cannot pay their bills, buy food, etc. Businesses are suffering and many that survived month to month have been forced to close their doors forever. We are racking up a huge debt that we cannot pay with "other people’s money." The deeper we get, the harder it will be to restart our economy.....which is how we put food on our tables and pay for our education, health care, etc.

This is truly a dilemma with no completely "right" answer - i.e, between Scylla and Charybdis, or, in the words of Yogi Berra,
"You’ve got to be very careful if you don’t know where you are going, because you might not get there"