In search of info from the technical guys

I am a member of the Golden Ear forum on their site and directly asked the Moderator if the Triton Reference speakers which I own are using a N Core amp or Ice amp for the subwoofers. I was told neither, their amp is their own design. When I pressed for more information, he wouldn’t really answer saying he is not privy to that information.

For the Techs, is this possible? What other form of Class D amp would there be?

128x128stereo5
Yes, there are Class D amps based on certain audio IC chips, which there are many. If you're willing to open up your subs, look inside and look for a large IC with many pins on it and a large heat sink. If you can read the part number off of it, you would have what IC your subwoofers' amp is based on.
So, they probably buy the chip and make their own power supply for it I guess.
Lots of different class D and OEM's, and always someone around who tries making a new one.
Pascal, Hypex and ICEPower are among the most common, but Crown, Yamaha and NuForce make their own. Texas Instruments makes a variety of IC's to fascilitate their construction, now ICE is getting into the IC market too. I think for NAD, Hypex created a special hybrid I haven't seen elsewhere.

With all such products, but especially with Golden Ear, I would not focus too much on the tech but the results.  Always fun to talk about technology but in the end it's the implementation and our enjoyment that matter.

Best,

E
@joeylawn36111 ……………………..

Thank you for that, it was exactly what I was looking for!!