Improvements to OPPO 105 DARBEE?

Are there some significant improvements to look for?
What features are obviously missing?
Are upgrades available via internet?
Assuming the stereo analog audio quality is adaquate; is there
any reason this machine would not be completely adequate to allow enjoyment of virtually all current formats for audio, video, TV, internet radio stations, etc?
What other specialty pieces of equipment are necessary to make full use of this Oppo?
I'm still using basic CD's & a turntable and not technically astute. :-(
ptss

Showing 2 responses by mattmiller

Yes I agree unless you want 75" or better stick with 1080p. I will say the 4k TV's are expensive because most have up scalers to convert all 1080p to 4k. The point is the Oppo IS ready for the future. Also,the Oppo uses one of the best DAC chipsets on the market today, so no, I don't think running through a external DAC will make any improvement (whats better than the Saber Dac's?? A DCS product...LOL).
A 4k TV! The Oppo 105 will upsample 1080p content to 4k resolution! Also, for around $2000 you can send it in to MODWRIGHT and Dan Wright will turn it into a unit with Tube output and tubed power supply. No features are missing from the stock unit. It is well worth the $1200 for this universal player with High end audio outputs via XLR or RCA and dual HDMI outs. It is the player of choice for todays source rich environment we live in.