impractical to spend $200 to terminate Mogami 3103 speaker cable??

As the thread title suggests, I'm thinking about Furutech locking banana's or spades to have my set of 3103 terminated. The models offered as available range from $168 for Furutech Spades, and then in to the lower-mid $200 range for Banana style with Gold or Rhodiums options. Cheers -Don
fjn04
Rhodium has a sonic signature so exercise caution. What do you have currently? Bare wire? If you're happy with the cable and want to add plugs, then go for it. You've some nice kit there.
Thanks no romance...was not aware of Rhodium having a signature. What's the word on the street there (-:... I ordered these from performance audio, and correct, as bare wire. They dabbed around 1/3" of solder on each end, and I don't like the connection much. The only way I could see this working is if I strip these down, and expose more unsoldered wire. I'm using the Mogami in to a Luxman 550 AX II, and Harbeth C7's. Source from main system is a Kuzma Ref 2. I've yet to purchase a source solely for the Luxman/Harbeths. I'm still breaking in the Lux, it's only a few weeks old. Cheers -Don
I have had great results with KLE Classic Harmony Banana Plugs. Not locking type but good spring for a solid connection.
You used Cardas Eutectic or WBT 0820 I hope.
If it ain't got the lead, your sound is dead.
I had bad experience with Furutech locking bananas with rhodium plating. 2 things happened:

1 - They diameter of the plugs were subtly but importantly undersized. Maybe 2 millimeters. This meant that on some speakers they  simply would never be tight enough. Focals in my case then.

2 - They permanently deform very easily.

Rhodium is honestly too hard a material. You want something soft that will allow it to bend to the shape of the mating metal. WBT’s locking bananas are far superior. They are noticeably tighter even when closed, and do not deform even after multiple insert/remove cycles.

I looked at the KLH plugs. I’m sorry but solder is not a good way to connect speaker cables to speakers. You want to use the crimp sleeves with a lot of pressure, and insert those into your WBT plugs or similar. The spring loaded spades or bananas are great.
Thanks so much for all of the info. I was thinking of Auditorium 23 Bananas, which I've always enjoyed working with, and listening to. It's a bit elusive as to what A23 uses, but I believe it's model L4 beryllium copper. I'm wondering if it may be Mundorf as shown on parts connexion site. Maybe in the end I'm better off going spades, since the 12 Awg 3103 is a good bit heavier than A23.