Importance of power cable for Turntable?

Just purchased a Gryphon Diablo 300 integrated with the optional phono stage and DAC module.  I purchased AudioQuest Hurricanes for both the amp and my digital source.  How important would it be to do the same for a high end turntable (which I don’t have just yet)?  Would an AudioQuest Hurricane Source be a good choice for a high end turntable as well? Or is it even needed?  I do notice subtle improvements with my amp and digital source.

Thanks
nyev
Looking at all you're doing there nyev, I hope you're taking the time to audition and compare several candidates for each component?

Because, at the level you're spending at pretty much everything sounds surprisingly good. But that only makes it harder. Because it turns out to be really easy to spend a huge pile of money, each time on something that sounds really good, only to wind up with a whole system you never are quite satisfied with. Happens all the time. I would even say, more often than not, considering how many people there are around who are constantly on the upgrade treadmill vs how many are real happy and have been with the same stuff for years.

I mention this because I noticed, probably from your other thread, you are really happy with the Gryphon. But then with the power cords your comment was "I do notice subtle improvement" with the power cords. Nobody putting out $1.2k for a power cord should be talking about "subtle improvement". Subtle maybe between how it works on one vs another component. But the power cord itself, well let's just say the way the Gryphon makes you feel? If your power cord doesn't do that, keep looking. Because trust me, there is one out there that will. And I don't mean for a lot more money either.

Post removed 

nyev

AC Power cords are direct conduit for *#%! feeding into

your turntable motor. Now most outboard stand alone

belt driver motors have Line filters built in the 5K up+ turntables

Thus the power cord quality may be less of a sonic factor their.

If your turntable uses a inboard ac motor. Ex: TD 124 Vintage

" Humm" radiation picked up by MC cartridge " Mu metal" is a must.

It a must for even say VPI $7K+ tables. Trust me on them.

Agree with Elizabeth, when I said I hear subtle improvements it is easily discernible for me but not jaw-droppingly so.  And it is worth the cost for this subtle improvement in some of the background detail.  One point is that my Hurricane is only about 25% broken in, so maybe more changes will become apparent.

Regarding the Diablo itself - now that is not a subtle improvement over other equipment I tested, and I will succumb to superlatives to describe the differences I hear...  And I am not of the opinion that at a certain level everything sounds great.  Of all the amps I tested the Diablo is the only one that had no sonic qualities (on certain music) that I found unpleasant in some way. 

Back to power management, I’m quickly realizing this is not a simple question that is specific to the turntable.  I need to figure out a system wide approach that doesn’t break the bank.  For example, adding a conditioner is one thing, but then there is to cord to the conditioner - things can get crazy expensive(er) fast....  I am not looking to get every last bit of performance possible but I’ll want to do something that gets me most of the way.  Perhaps I need to start a thread in a different category on a system approach to power mgmt.  Really just looking for a general direction on approach.  There are lots of theories and the brand marketing doesn’t help as it seems to not really communicate anything beyond marketing gibberish.
@nyev while I can appreciate the desire to find a cost effective system wide approach to power management, or frankly to tweaking in general, the reality is that it doesn’t work this way because the effect of tweaks is cumulative and in fact delivers increasing, not diminishing returns. 

What I mean is that the more you tweak (or tune to use another’s language) the system the more resolving it gets and the more you appreciate further changes. 

The good news is that it frankly doesn’t matter what order you do things in, especially when it comes to power management (unlike room acoustics say where one problem can mask others). Start simply with dedicated lines and outlets, maybe add a conditioner, sprinkle power cords to taste and then obsess about bases and footers for the cords and conditioners. You’ll soon learn that everything matters.

Above all have fun and listen carefully at every step on the way 😁 and don’t fall for any single manufacturers special sauce, try a few and find what you like and what works for you