image on tv goes green

I have a large Samsung DLP that has started to ocassionally flash to black outlines on a bright green screen. It looks almost like a solarized photograph. This occurs independent of source - both on DVD/blue-ray and on satellite TV.

This might occur once in five or ten hours and might last 5 to 20 seconds.

Any tech types out there have a guess as to what's going on here.

Thanks in advance.

Marty
martykl

Showing 3 responses by noble100

Marty,
Try googling "Samsung DLP problem". I did this and got several results but didn't read the details but you may want to. I was having a green spot on my Sony lcd a few years ago and found out on a home theater forum this was a common problem. I called Sony support and they replaced the "color engine" at no cost, they came to my house and installed a new color engine to replace the bad one. It was like an unpublicized recall since you only received the replacement if you called and complained - not very proactive. I found out about this 'recall' by reading internet forums on my tv model. I'm not saying there's a similar recall on your model, just suggesting that you are more likely to find a resolution on other forums. Good luck.
Raks,

Your problem sounds like a drop in the picture signal that causes the screen to go green. Could be the HDMI cord/connection or it could be a drop in the picture signal from the cable company. The audio signal may be strong enough that the audio doesn't drop out. Just a possibility.
Raks,

Or she could keep doing the usual: smack you so you can smack the tv. But ask her to just use her hand instead of that huge frying pan.