If you still spin CD's their is a reference level Transport for reasonable money

I just got in-house the Jay's Audio CDT-2 MK3 transport to review for hometheaterreview.com.  The build quality and physical appearance make it hard to believe that it retails for around $2,400.  Right out of the crate not even broken in yet, it's out performing my CEC double belt transport in the reference system.  It retains all the liquidity and analog smoothness of the belt driven transport but offers more details, tighter bass frequencies, and a larger layered soundstage with more air between the players.

Alvin, of Vinshine Audio set this review up with me, so if you go to his website you can get a lot more details/pictures on this transport.  The reason I was motivated to review a CD transport was I received scores of requests from my readers asking what is a great sounding transport, for a reasonable amount of money.  So far, in spades the Jay's Audio CDT-2 MK3 fits the bill easily.   
teajay
@teajay This my absolute last time to drag this issue through the mud yet again. My apologies are to all the folks who have had to watch this little soap opera unfold.

As I explained earlier today I have made a total of four attempts to reach you to find out the when/where of your review. Two of them were by email, the other two via inquiries in existing threads where the CDT2 was a topic of conversation. You have stated that you didn’t get the emails. Again, fine. Did you not see my inquiries as well? You have never said one way or the other. Additionally, another poster, @garrard, has been asking you for months on this very same thread the exact same question I have and they are explicit posts comprised of one single sentence. You at no time spent a minute to communicate with him either so either ALL of these attempts have flown under your radar (possible) or you’re ignoring them. Only you know what the real scenario is. Looking at your history, it is obvious you stay connected with your active threads and seem to answer questions posed by others so I am baffled as to why this one particular inquiry as posed to you by multiple individuals cannot/has not been dealt with similarly. So I will decline your provided opportunity to present an apology to you. I hope you can understand.

And finally, I’m not an egomaniac with a fragile self righteous ego to protect. I want nothing from you as recompense. As I said above, I’m just baffled how something so straightforward and innocuous as asking a question/expecting a simple answer has gotten to this point.
Hey acresverde,

Did you ever read what I wrote on the other thread to answer your questions?  If you did please comment on what I wrote because I think it answers why I did not write a professional review and why I did not get back to you.  You are the one that made unpleasant and unfounded statements about me, I never accused you of anything.  Yet, you are attempting to come across as the wronged party.  Thanks for not asking for "recompense" because I owe you none in this matter.

@teajay To answer your question is yes. Unfortunately about five minutes ago was the very first time, though. I didn’t even remember that thread existing until you mentioned it earlier and I then asked someone to post the link so I could see what you were talking about, but the link won’t open, thus causing further delays. But to your credit, it does give a credible explanation for the whys and why nots of the ill fated review. Obviously, I wish I had seen it in a timely fashion and none of this subsequent discourse would have occurred.

So in light of this recent development I want to offer sincere apologies for casting negative aspersions your way. Taking into account that I did not have exposure to this information til just now, I hope you can understand why I felt my simple question was being ignored. But just as i am offering up mea culpas to you now, you might consider doing the same for @garrard. As pointed out previously, his two/three "where’s the review" inquiries were, indeed, not responded to and he cannot be held accountable for failing to stumble across the post in the other thread that gave the answers.

In terms of the dealings between us, you are exonerated and I hope this will finally put the matter to bed. It’s just audio, folks.

Repeace
I recently purchased a used PS Audio Perfect Wave Transport.
I had heard a PWT hooked up to my DAC at a HiFi Club meeting, the club are very lucky to have a venue that is a Hi End HiFi  Showrooms listening room.
The devices brought along by the attendees are all given a audition through a very expensive system. 
So it is a great get together, and a real treat for those who attend, especially the one bringing their devices
I am only recently leaning to CD replays, I have a long history with vinyl, and was not a supporter of CD as a source.
In 2017, I dug out a old Cheap purchased CDP, Hooked up a CDP to the main system for the first time.
Played a few tracks on it, using the Childrens CD's that have been left behind, from when they fledged the nest.
I was not impressed in the usual way, but left wanting to hear music that was more fitting to my tastes.
I visited a few local charity shops and for  approximately $60 outlay across a few shops had purchased approximately 50 CD's.
That was a pleasure to experience, and quite stimulating.
There was quite a difference between the CDP and Vinyl, but my inquisitive mind sought out a few CDP experiences to be had on the home system, using alternative sources and even though I did not make any further purchases during 2017, I was aware that a CDP can nip at the heels of a vinyl set up, or even surpass it.
In 2018, I purchased a Custom Built DAC, a valve power regulated and valve output stage, based on the 1541 Chip.
This took the CDP experience to another level. I was very satisfied with this purchase.
With the CDP doing so well through a DAC, I was becoming interested in Transports and a few used models were on my radar.   
There was vinyl day at the HiFi Clubs meeting, I was attending and took along the Custom Built DAC, just to see if I could get a go with it on the system, after a long day of listening to vinyl, I got my chance to put the DAC in action, it was connected by digital coax to the PWT,
I was quite impressed and immediately formed the view that the PWT was a cut above a CDP being used as a transport.
As a result I intensified my investigations of used CDT's and was in possession of a Shortlist with a maximum purchase price of £1500.
I was aware of Jay's CDT models, and very aware of the PWT, RIGHTLY or WRONGLY, I was single minded on the PWT, and a little bit apprehensive of other Brands.
A option on a purchase of a pick up only PWT become available as a used sale item. It was sold to me for a very fair asking price, and I was fortunate to receive assistance with picking the device up.
It has been in use and much enjoyed, it has been auditioned by a group of five, with the DAC at a valve rolling day, and got a favorable but mixed reception about its presentation.
I have recently discovered that a local HiFi Dealer has Jay's CDT's in their possession, so after reading all the previous posts, I am curious to set up a trial between the two, using my DAC, and the dealers recommended DAC.
If it is of any interest, I had a good communication with the PWT Vendor, and asked the inevitable question, " Why is it for sale ", he said he was using a Primare DVD Player as well,
and it was hard to distinguish the SQ between the two, so he was settling for the more versatile player, and did not see the need for running two players parallel.       
@teajay 

@acresverde 

@garrard

Man, I’m trying to remember the last time someone got so bent out of shape because someone didn’t post a review. Amazing.

@teajay is so available to so many that I guess some people believe they are owed real-time instantaneous access. Anyway, my guess is they have already purchased the transport and they want @teajay to validate their decision or....they are sitting someplace waiting for @teajay’s review to tell them its ok for them to go out and purchase it. In either case, what a shame. To resort to profanity because he didn’t respond to you in the timeframe you deemed appropriate?

What’s happened to the esprit de corps that used to permeate the hobby?