If you still spin CD's their is a reference level Transport for reasonable money

I just got in-house the Jay's Audio CDT-2 MK3 transport to review for hometheaterreview.com.  The build quality and physical appearance make it hard to believe that it retails for around $2,400.  Right out of the crate not even broken in yet, it's out performing my CEC double belt transport in the reference system.  It retains all the liquidity and analog smoothness of the belt driven transport but offers more details, tighter bass frequencies, and a larger layered soundstage with more air between the players.

Alvin, of Vinshine Audio set this review up with me, so if you go to his website you can get a lot more details/pictures on this transport.  The reason I was motivated to review a CD transport was I received scores of requests from my readers asking what is a great sounding transport, for a reasonable amount of money.  So far, in spades the Jay's Audio CDT-2 MK3 fits the bill easily.   
teajay
riaa_award_collectors_on_facebook
  Why would anyone want a Transport where the parts used to make it are now discontinued and no longer available? Before investing in one make sure that there are still replacement parts. Im told your SOL with the CDT-2.

This is so true especially with the laser/transport , and to see if it's available "easily and new" just look in Google or on Ebay (not what the CDT manufacturer has in stock or tells you), and to find what modle/no laser/transport yours is look hear or ask the manufacturer. 
http://vasiltech.narod.ru/CD-Player-DAC-Transport.htm

Cheers George
Hey Acresverde,

Just scroll down about 50 posts on this forum page and you will see the thread with my answer to all your questions. Peace to you too, but I still think you owe me an apology for your accusing me of two negative choices.  1) Dodging your question.  2) Not being respectful to respond to you, even though I never got your Emails. 

@teajay This my absolute last time to drag this issue through the mud yet again. My apologies are to all the folks who have had to watch this little soap opera unfold.

As I explained earlier today I have made a total of four attempts to reach you to find out the when/where of your review. Two of them were by email, the other two via inquiries in existing threads where the CDT2 was a topic of conversation. You have stated that you didn’t get the emails. Again, fine. Did you not see my inquiries as well? You have never said one way or the other. Additionally, another poster, @garrard, has been asking you for months on this very same thread the exact same question I have and they are explicit posts comprised of one single sentence. You at no time spent a minute to communicate with him either so either ALL of these attempts have flown under your radar (possible) or you’re ignoring them. Only you know what the real scenario is. Looking at your history, it is obvious you stay connected with your active threads and seem to answer questions posed by others so I am baffled as to why this one particular inquiry as posed to you by multiple individuals cannot/has not been dealt with similarly. So I will decline your provided opportunity to present an apology to you. I hope you can understand.

And finally, I’m not an egomaniac with a fragile self righteous ego to protect. I want nothing from you as recompense. As I said above, I’m just baffled how something so straightforward and innocuous as asking a question/expecting a simple answer has gotten to this point.
Hey acresverde,

Did you ever read what I wrote on the other thread to answer your questions?  If you did please comment on what I wrote because I think it answers why I did not write a professional review and why I did not get back to you.  You are the one that made unpleasant and unfounded statements about me, I never accused you of anything.  Yet, you are attempting to come across as the wronged party.  Thanks for not asking for "recompense" because I owe you none in this matter.

@teajay To answer your question is yes. Unfortunately about five minutes ago was the very first time, though. I didn’t even remember that thread existing until you mentioned it earlier and I then asked someone to post the link so I could see what you were talking about, but the link won’t open, thus causing further delays. But to your credit, it does give a credible explanation for the whys and why nots of the ill fated review. Obviously, I wish I had seen it in a timely fashion and none of this subsequent discourse would have occurred.

So in light of this recent development I want to offer sincere apologies for casting negative aspersions your way. Taking into account that I did not have exposure to this information til just now, I hope you can understand why I felt my simple question was being ignored. But just as i am offering up mea culpas to you now, you might consider doing the same for @garrard. As pointed out previously, his two/three "where’s the review" inquiries were, indeed, not responded to and he cannot be held accountable for failing to stumble across the post in the other thread that gave the answers.

In terms of the dealings between us, you are exonerated and I hope this will finally put the matter to bed. It’s just audio, folks.

Repeace