If you still spin CD's their is a reference level Transport for reasonable money

I just got in-house the Jay's Audio CDT-2 MK3 transport to review for hometheaterreview.com.  The build quality and physical appearance make it hard to believe that it retails for around $2,400.  Right out of the crate not even broken in yet, it's out performing my CEC double belt transport in the reference system.  It retains all the liquidity and analog smoothness of the belt driven transport but offers more details, tighter bass frequencies, and a larger layered soundstage with more air between the players.

Alvin, of Vinshine Audio set this review up with me, so if you go to his website you can get a lot more details/pictures on this transport.  The reason I was motivated to review a CD transport was I received scores of requests from my readers asking what is a great sounding transport, for a reasonable amount of money.  So far, in spades the Jay's Audio CDT-2 MK3 fits the bill easily.   
teajay
Why not just buy a nice marantz sacd player for a lot less money? I don't get it really....its a freakin transport. The marantz has both the transport and dac in one chassis and sounds amazing. Marants is known for their high quality cd players and have received some of the best reviews for many years running. I personally own their sa8005 made in Japan, super build quality and sound. 
Hey audioguy85,

I'm glad that you love your Marantz CD player.  However, a "freakin transport" does make a significant difference when driving a DAC.  Furthermore, you are stuck with the DAC in a CD player, which is great if you like the sound, but not to terrific if you want change-up or improve the overall performance with a better DAC. So, your post has little to do with the topic of this thread, indeed. 
@teajay     I thought long and hard about whether to respond to your recent post and, as I guess you can see, I decided to go for it in order to provide a little clarity.

In Aug. 2018 you started this thread to announce to the world your upcoming review of the (then misidentified but later corrected) Jay's CDT2 MK2. Less than three weeks later you posted to announce that your listening notes were complete (signalling to the average reader that a review was imminent) and then about 6 weeks later, in a response to a poster asking the whereabouts of the review, you stated that there were three reviews in the queue ahead of the Jays so it would still be a while and that was the last we heard of it. Okay...fine.

You had made some mention of the transport in other threads as well and it was in one of these that I inquired about the status of the review, on two different occasions, I believe, after more time had passed. At some point I sent either one or two emails to you at 6 Moons again asking about review status. You say you didn't get these and I accept that. And maybe you didn't see my posts inquiring as to the reviews either...I don't know. But obviously I wasn't the only one left hanging. In this very thread there are minimally two and I think it's actually three different posts spanning some six months by @garrard directly and unambiguously asking for the same exact information. Crickets! His last post on this subject was answered by me, as you know, and apparently it was in a manner which finally got you riled up enough to make an appearance. And based on what you said, we finally now can confirm what I have suspected for a while and relayed to @garrard. So, in the end, I think my "accusation" is warranted and sustainable and that you could have handled the situation a little bit more forthrightly. But having said all that, I don't want to make this mole hill into a mountain, it's not the end of the friggin' world and I, for one, am ready to move on. Hope that suits you too.

BTW, you mention a thread entitled "Jay's Audio CDT-3: Impressions of a great CD transport". I cannot recall seeing it and I would very much like to but when I enter that title verbatim and letter for letter in the search function, I get "0 results found". Should it read CDT-2 instead? Would you be so kind (or anyone else, for that matter) to link it so I can have a looksee.

Peace
Why would anyone want a Transport where the parts used to make it are now discontinued and no longer available? Before investing in one make sure that there are still replacement parts. Im told your SOL with the CDT-2.