If you still spin CD's their is a reference level Transport for reasonable money

I just got in-house the Jay's Audio CDT-2 MK3 transport to review for hometheaterreview.com.  The build quality and physical appearance make it hard to believe that it retails for around $2,400.  Right out of the crate not even broken in yet, it's out performing my CEC double belt transport in the reference system.  It retains all the liquidity and analog smoothness of the belt driven transport but offers more details, tighter bass frequencies, and a larger layered soundstage with more air between the players.

Alvin, of Vinshine Audio set this review up with me, so if you go to his website you can get a lot more details/pictures on this transport.  The reason I was motivated to review a CD transport was I received scores of requests from my readers asking what is a great sounding transport, for a reasonable amount of money.  So far, in spades the Jay's Audio CDT-2 MK3 fits the bill easily.   
teajay
Hi bigkidz (Peter),
I have one and it is built like a tank and sounds much better than my Directstream Transport.

Give me a call if you want to check it out. I also purchased a First Watt SIT-3 amp. Which sounds great with my speakers.

Joe
I swapped out my DH Labs Silversonic BNC for a homebrew/DIY Furutech Rhodium + VH Audio Symmetry balanced AES/EBU cable and I am very much liking the changes, even after just a couple of discs on the new cable. Since I can switch back and forth on my DAC fairly easily, it's pretty simple to A/B the two. 

To me, the new cable feels less dark than the DH Labs. And Yggy's AES/EBU is purported to be "better" than its BNC, and just in general it seems AES/EBU is preferred to S/PDIF, but in any case, I'm happy I went the way I did. And I got to learn how to solder XLRs. Much easier than RCAs, IMO.
Adding a reclocker, either the old Z-systems RDP-1 or the newer Titans Audio Lab Helen, will revive your transport significantly.
With a reclocker like the Synchro-Mesh, you don't need an expensive transport.  Even a Sonos sounds incredible.  A smarter way to spend your money. 7psec of direct-measured jitter.  Unmatched.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio
@teajay 
If you still spin CD's their is a reference level Transport for reasonable money

Try: “If you still spin CDs, there is a reference-level transport for reasonable money.