If you still spin CD's their is a reference level Transport for reasonable money

I just got in-house the Jay's Audio CDT-2 MK3 transport to review for hometheaterreview.com.  The build quality and physical appearance make it hard to believe that it retails for around $2,400.  Right out of the crate not even broken in yet, it's out performing my CEC double belt transport in the reference system.  It retains all the liquidity and analog smoothness of the belt driven transport but offers more details, tighter bass frequencies, and a larger layered soundstage with more air between the players.

Alvin, of Vinshine Audio set this review up with me, so if you go to his website you can get a lot more details/pictures on this transport.  The reason I was motivated to review a CD transport was I received scores of requests from my readers asking what is a great sounding transport, for a reasonable amount of money.  So far, in spades the Jay's Audio CDT-2 MK3 fits the bill easily.   
teajay
@teajay 
When will your full review of the CDT2 be posted to Home Theater Review?
I just set up my new Jay’s Audio CDT2 MK2 transport. Incredible SQ. Surprised to find no manual for a $2,000 transport, but no issues with set up. Remote functions didn’t work; maybe batteries are required. 😂😂

The RCA digital coaxial output of the Jay’s Audio reverses channels relative to my other transports (CAL Delta transport via all tested digital outputs, including both RCA and AES/EBU outputs and a borrowed NuPrime CDT-8 Pro transport via RCA digital output). I’ll need to test its BNC output.
Hey Celander,

Yes, you will have to put batteries in your remote, they don't ship with them.  I only use the BNC out which does not reverse channels, so I can't address the issue with the RCA out.  

Have fun and share what you think of its performance.  
My error on the transport channel reversal. I now recall having done a channel reversal test on my Teo Audio Liquid Pre outs and the L/R channels my ATC active monitors to isolate some weird noise on one channel. 

@teajay
I am testing a Oyaide digital IC at the moment. I got the Sablon digital IC on Saturday. Should be a fun comparison. 
My Jay's Audio CDT2 Mk.2 arrived today (in South Africa) and went straight into my system all the way from Hong Kong and .... WOW!

I'm using the AES/EBU output into my iFi Pro iDSD set to Bit Perfect and Valve+ mode (Thorsten Loesch design) running balanced outputs to Accuphase pre-power and my massive PLLXO DIY open-baffle speakers.

Fluid, musical, but still has bite and the best bass depth and quality I've achieved so far. Sh#t, now I will have to upgrade my vinyl set-up again.

Even beer tastes better listening to the CDT2  ;)