If you have a CD Player, you need to do this periodically...

I would rather imagine that most audiophiles are aware of this, but if not, may I recommend a very easy tweak that has always produced positive results in every system I've had:

Ayre - Irrational, But Efficacious!

Densen - DeMagic

These are System Enhancement Discs which reduces magnetism that has built up during playback. I'm pretty sure there are other products that purport to do the same thing. These two have certainly worked for me. Good listening!!

brauser

My Ayre disc arrived yesterday and I played the entire 19 plus minutes straight through at moderately low volume. I next cued up the Mofi SACD disc of Breakfast in America"- which has been a standard reference album since my Tech Hifi days.

Granted this is not the best SACD out there IMHO, as it tends to be a bit bright. Playing it through from start to finish it did sound quite good, with  warmer mid range and clearer bass. So my ears pricked up to that.

I will clearly have to more serious listening of other discs from my collection,but just wanted to throw in my initial impression out. I am curious since my DAC is in my Yamaha CD/SACD player will I also reap an additional benefits in regards to that?

My  version of the Ayre disc is from 2019.

Thanks for this!!!

Although I have 2 different enhancing discs XLO and Isotek, I have been negligent to use them. 3 days ago I reinstalled my Marantz HDCD 1 and while it sounded appreciably better than my Oppo 105 with upgraded PS (though also unenhanced in a long time), the HDCD 1 was sizzly on top. First I replaced the $250 WW power cord with a ~$750 PC from Tekline. That helped, but the images were still a little fuzzy. I put my XLO disc in for a complete run-through. Images were much better focused as well as location on the sound stage