If you had $2000 to upgrade this system...

Hopeful this is a reasonable forum to post this in. I'd appreciate input from experienced members. How would you spend $2-5K to upgrade some aspect of this system? Please no cable, power cord, tube or vibration damping recommendations. Not that I don't think these make a difference. I DO. I get it. I do it! Mainly looking for component recommendations. Things sound very, very good to me right now but of course always looking for more - especially bass, stage depth, air and imaging. Thanks to any and all in advance. Main system components are listed here:

APC power supply
Consonance Ref. 50 pre-amp
Consonance Cyber 800SE monoblocks
Denon 2910 mod'd by David Schulte
MF V-Dac
MF V-Link
KAB mod'd. Technics SL1210M5G
KAB mod'd Stanton cart/stylus
Lehmann Black Cube (not SE but does have separate power supply - not wall wart)
Totem Forest speakers

Again, thanks in advance for your time.
128x128ghosthouse

Showing 1 response by drummermitchell

Funny how we all forget about the room.
I could only imagine how different the same gear would sound in
say an:
livingroom
basement suite
basement suite with cement walls
above with carpeted floors
hardwood floors ect.
As Alan Parsons said,pro audio guys prioritize the room,where the HiFi world prioritizes the gear,brand names.
I had done the same,gear first,components cables ect.
For me the hugest difference was treating the room,starting with basstraps in the corners really tightened up the bottom end thus cleaning up everything above.
I believe Two grand in room acoustics would make a major change for the better than any component,cable ect.

Just something else to think about as I've been down that road over and over again.
The room is so big compared to our gear that we can't see it
even though it's bigger than anything else.
Kinda like wearing horse blinders,we just see or hear what's in front of us and not around us.

good luck on the hunt.